The most beautiful townhomes I have seen |
| Kensington Gardens |
The gardens |
Kensington Palace |
After this we were meeting a friend of mine from Colombia in Soho. She said that we had to have tea while we were in London. I thought it was a great idea but, my boyfriend was not to excited. We met at the Dean Street Hotel for tea. The afternoon tea time was around 5:00 PM we stayed until almost 9:00 PM when they asked us to leave because the table had a reservation coming. We would have stayed longer if we could. The tea was OK but the biscuits, the scones and the fresh whipped cream were delicious! We were not allowed to take pictures but I found the menu in the hotel's website. This is what we had for ₤15.75 each: finger sandwiches, fruit scones, jam & clotted cream, selection of fancy cakes, and tea of your choice. It was expensive but the feeling of a fancy afternoon tea in London was priceless.
After the tea, we stopped at the biggest souvenir shop that we had ever seen. I love souvenirs. It is silly but, I love refrigerator magnets and if I see a nice t-shirt I get it. This place was located near Piccadilly Circus. It was called Cool Britannia. We didn't buy as much as we wanted because we still had 5 more Cities to buy Souvenirs from.
Outside the Dean Street Townhouse Hotel |
My kind of place - in Soho- we just walked by |
On our last half-day in London, we went to the British Museum. We stayed for less than 2 hours because we had to cacth the train to Paris at 3:00 PM. The Museum was incredible. I loved the Egyptian room. I love the history of the Egyptians and going to Egypt is one of my dreams. We almost missed the train to Paris. There are many things that we could not see and do in London. I am sure that we will be back to this great City.
No comments:
Post a Comment