On our way to Chile, we had delays and a long layover that added up to a 22 hour travel day. Needless to say, we were exhausted! After our overnight flight, we arrived at the Santiago Park Plaza Hotel. While we were in the taxi, on our way to our hotel, I felt that I had arrived in Bogota. It could be a combination of the weather and the architecture. I really enjoyed the feeling of being "home". We were allowed to do an early check in. For lunch we walked to a bakery to eat some famous Chilean empanadas. My favorite was the pino (steak) empanada minus the olive.
After our short break, we headed to the Museo de Bellas Artes. We took the train to the Bellas Artes station. The metro was very modern and clean. I have to say that I was impressed. We took our time in the museum (which is free) and had a strong cappuccino at the museum coffee shop. The plan was to continue to the City center, but we were exhausted and wanted to take a nap.
| Museo de Bellas Artes, Santiago |
After admiring the Bellas Artes building we went back to the hotel for a nap. We met the lovely Emily for a great dinner that night. It was a short day and the next morning we were flying to Buenos Aires for 6 days. We had to wait to explore the rest of the City on our return.




You got some great pictures - I'm so glad the weather cooperated! And of course so glad we got to meet finally :)
ReplyDeleteme too!!! Andre didn't know that we didn't know each other!! haha he found out after we met for lunch
DeleteAmaaazing photos! It looks like a great time in Santiago, and what a beautiful city. Andre has been convincing Xavier that we need to move to Santiago... do you know anything about this? haha!
ReplyDeleteHaha no!!! I know that we said we could live in Santiago. Im sure they are just day dreaming. We loved the city. It was like a civilized bogota (metro and less aggressive people). As much as I miss South America, moving there would be so hard!
DeleteMuy hermoso el Museo. Algun dia quisiera visitarlo.
ReplyDeletemuy lindo y es gratis!!!
DeleteI love the museo Bellas Artes facade, and when I read about the empanadas I got hungry, I love Chilean empanadas!
ReplyDeleteHahaha loca!
DeleteAyyy q bonitas las fotos! Si lei lo de las empanadas y ahora quiero una! The pics are really great! So glad you are sharing these great trips!
ReplyDelete~S
Jaja y eso que no le tome fotos. Casi nunca le tomo fotos a la comida y luego me arrepiento!!!
Delete