I realized something interesting, I thought it was just me, but being an engineer has been one of the biggest disappointments. We all agreed that work is boring and that we don't feel passionate about what we do. We all do something different and are at different points in our career, so I never thought they were also bored. I have not met an engineer who LOVED working. We are all proud to be engineers but we don't love spending most of our day at work. I see my future with an MBA, but I already have a Master's degree and I'm not ready to give up 2 more years of my life in school. I do want an MBA eventually, but I need to be fully committed. Why is it that we all loved the idea of being engineers just to find out years later that the career is not as exciting as we imagined? Why didn't anyone tell us about this? College was challenging and exciting, and I dreamed of what I could do. The reality is that all companies work for profit and that we have to become very specialized to do a good job. The government does not hire many people, they pay consultants to do the job and consultants (we) work A LOT of hours. Like my dad told me a long time ago: if working was fun, you wouldn't get paid to do it.
Exactly in 1 month, I will be on my way to Cali to get married. I'm excited to go and at the same time I'm exhausted with all the planning that I just want to get married and go to Hawaii!! Plus we have to move out of our apartment. Our lease ends and we want to move to a less expensive place. We are moving, traveling for 25 days, changing time zones, and getting married in the same month. I really need a vacation.
The dress is ready. I picked it up last week. I guess the weight loss effort is over because I refuse to pay for more alterations. I added a couple of preview pictures below. I still don't know about the veil, I don't think I will use one. I was just trying it on that day.
I have to go to bed. Mondays are tough!


Holy hell, I just realized in these pictures that you look SO SKINNY! Have you lost so much weight?! Either that dress has magic powers or you are TINY!
ReplyDeletehahaha the magical power is the A-line skirt! ;)
ReplyDeleteCata... you look so pretty..... < 4 weeks now!
ReplyDeleteGracias!!! see you soon Su!
ReplyDelete