Thursday, June 2, 2011

Tarpon Springs, FL

Because of the wedding and honeymoon, I have no vacation time for the rest of the year. I will be spending a lot of time in Florida. As I was thinking of activities to do on the weekends, I came up with a few things that could be useful for someone visiting the Tampa Bay area (or like me can't take any vacation time).

One of my favorite beaches is Tarpon Springs. Tarpon springs is a small beach town located north of Tampa in Pinellas County. The town which I call the Greektown is a small area with lots of great greek restaurants and natural sponge shops. The beach that I always visit is the Fred Howard Park. Before getting to the beach there are grills, picnic shelters, and public bathrooms. There is no charge for parking like most of the area beaches. There is another beach close to Tarpon Springs called Sunset Beach but I have never been there. I will have to go this summer. Below are some of the pictures that I took a few years ago.
A street in the Greektown

Natural Sponges
 
My nephew ready for the beach (2006)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...